Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Official First Day of Oh to be Well!

The title of my new blog may sound corny, but this is how I feel every day...just pure joy about feeling well...as in "Oh! To be well!" You see, several years ago, nearly 6 now to be exact, I was not so well...fighting off a little cancer, actually, at the age of 35...so trust me that I appreciate feeling well. I can't say enough good things about it...being able to get up in the morning to throw on my workout clothes and head out for a run or sit in a spinning class and sweat buckets...I'd happily take a hardcore workout any day over the alternative I was facing 6 years ago.

These days I am actually leading bootcamps -- yes, I am newly certified personal trainer -- the irony of this makes me laugh with joy...that the person I was 6 years ago could now be out kicking butt as a bootcamp instructor. I cannot say enough about how joyful this makes me feel. Yes, there are days when I still struggle, especially as a Mom of two kids and as the primary caretaker with a very busy husband who works at Microsoft. Yes, there are still days when I feel fearful about my future...because, let's face it, I've definitely had to face a fear that not a lot of people deal with early in life. But when it happened I decided to channel all my energy into attempting to feel well again...and now I want to share that passion with all of you.

I hope you enjoy this blog -- it will be a place where I write about my journey into wellness...complete with workout ideas, healthy recipes, and ideas about reducing stress (not a strength for me -- the whole stress reduction thing -- so I will share my own attempts at dealing with this issue.) My latest venture into wellness is my work as a Wellness Coach in Training...more on that later. Time to head to a Spinning Class! Here's to your health and wellness!

No comments: